Pahquioque Rod & Gun Club
Wooster Mountain Shooting Range, Danbury Connecticut
GUN & RANGE SAFETY RULES
1. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. Always keep the gun unloaded with the action open until ready to use.
4. Know your target and what is beyond.
5. Know how to use the gun safely and be sure it safe to operate.
6. Strictly follow all commands of the Range Safety Officer.
7. Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
8. Wear eye and ear protection.
9. Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting.
10. Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.
Regular cleaning is important in order for your gun to operate correctly and safely. Taking proper care of it will also maintain its value and extend its life. Your gun should be cleaned every time that it is used. A gun brought out of prolonged storage should also be cleaned before shooting. Accumulated moisture and dirt, or solidified grease and oil, can prevent the gun from operating properly.
Before cleaning your gun, make absolutely sure that it is unloaded. The gun's action should be open during the cleaning process. Also, be sure that no ammunition is present in the cleaning area.
During the Tuesday public shooting sessions, there are many knowledgeable members and range safety officers available for additional instruction, to offer tips, and help solve trouble shots. There is no fee for this help. We encourage you to ask questions! We think you’ll find the folks at Pahquioque Rod and Gun Club to be friendly, welcoming, and helpful. It’s a terrific place to shoot!